- WHERE: Burke United Christian Ministries
- WHEN: the THIRD MONDAY OF EACH MONTH
- TIME: 8:30 am- 12:30pm
- WHAT:this is a group that meets to prepare a hot meal for those in need in our community
Ladies Bible Study:
- WHERE: Buffie’s Home
- WHEN: the FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH
- TIME: 7pm
- WHAT: this is a casual gathering of women around the table for coffee, fellowship with other women, and Bible Study. We are currently studying the book of RUTH. This is a workbook style setting with lots of discussion. If you are interested in attending, please see Buffie Buchanan for directions and to be added to her group text for reminders and annoucements.
- WHERE: Fellowship Hall
- WHEN: the FIRST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH
- TIME: 2pm
- WHAT: this is a group of women that meet for devotion, fellowship and they focus on different service projects throughout the year and planning a ladies retreat every May
The Annual Ladies Retreat in 2019 was a huge success! Our theme this year was Bloom Where you are Planted. A big thanks to all who came and all who made this event happen. Stay tuned for the 2020 Retreat! This year it will be at Bethel Church of Christ in Morganton. More info will be coming soon!
- We are collecting soda can pull tabs for the Ronald McDonald house. Bring them to Gale Jones.
- We are collecting individually wrapped snacks for the VA hospital. Bring them to Gale Jones.
- Toiletry items for men and women’s homeless shelter bags. Collection box is beside the piano in fellowship hall.
- We are collecting the following items for Mary’s closet with Burke Hospice & Palliative Care. Coloring books, colored pencils, sharpeners, large print crossword puzzle books, large print word search books, stress balls, large print devotional books, blankets, baby dolls (larger more life-size) bubbles, current magazines, diffusers (essential oil) and monetary donations to purchase items. You may give any items to Laurie Larmon, our new Burke Hospice and Palliative Care Ambassador.
Winter Youth Retreat to Pigeon Forge
When: February 28-March 1st
What: a weekend youth retreat to pigeon forge. Devotions, diving in the scriptures, games, team building, fellowship and lots of Fun!
Where: We have rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge
What to bring: A good attitude, warm clothes and comfy clothes, tennis shoes, Bibles, notepad and pen, swimsuit and towel for the hot tub.
We will meet at the church building on Friday February 28 and will be returning March 1st. More info to come!